Mobileread
PRS-T1 update to latest firmware or to Linux
#11  rcentros 09-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Quote DoctorM
Is there actually any difference between the T1 and T2 besides the button change and loss of audio support?

The firmware could be quite similar.
No, I don't think so. The main difference was that the T2 didn't have the glitches that (at least some) of the T1s seemed to have had.

#12  4691mls 09-16-2019, 11:03 AM
I went from a T1 to a T3 and it was also pretty similar. The main difference I noticed was that the "default font" on the T3 was Amasis instead of whatever it was on T1.

The T3 hardly ever locked up and required a restart. The sleep cover with light is nice, the light will shut off when the reader goes to sleep. Useful if you want to read while you are falling asleep in bed.

The only reason I switched to Kobo was because the Sonys lost the ability to obtain books directly from Overdrive libraries. Otherwise my T3 was still working well and I am keeping it as a spare.

#13  JSWolf 09-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Quote 4691mls
I went from a T1 to a T3 and it was also pretty similar. The main difference I noticed was that the "default font" on the T3 was Amasis instead of whatever it was on T1.

The T3 hardly ever locked up and required a restart. The sleep cover with light is nice, the light will shut off when the reader goes to sleep. Useful if you want to read while you are falling asleep in bed.

The only reason I switched to Kobo was because the Sonys lost the ability to obtain books directly from Overdrive libraries. Otherwise my T3 was still working well and I am keeping it as a spare.
a big difference with the T3 is that it has a newer version of RMSDK that supports hyphenation. The T1 & T2 do not support hyphenation.

#14  Ghitulescu 09-17-2019, 05:41 AM
Quote 4691mls
I went from a T1 to a T3 and it was also pretty similar. The main difference I noticed was that the "default font" on the T3 was Amasis instead of whatever it was on T1. .
The fonts in T1 seem to comprise much more glyphs than the Amasis in T3.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register