Mobileread
OpenOffice Styles
#1  BobC 01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I created a book which used a OOO Style called "Quotations". When I built an EPUB the paragraphs which were formatted with the Quotation style had the text class="Quotations"> at the beginning of each paragraph.

Other standard styles such as Preformatted Text W2E warned me it couldn't handle and would treat as Plain Text.

Using LO 3.4.5 an W2E 1.1.15

Is there a list of what styles W2E will handle (other than Headers).

BobC

#2  eBookLuke 01-22-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote BobC
Is there a list of what styles W2E will handle (other than Headers).
Hi BobC,
I'm working to improve style handling in W2E. In the 1.1.15, the styles supported are:

Code
SupportedStylesList(0) = "Standard"	SupportedStylesList(1) = "Text body"	SupportedStylesList(2) = "Heading"	SupportedStylesList(3) = "Heading 1"	SupportedStylesList(4) = "Heading 2"	SupportedStylesList(5) = "Heading 3"	SupportedStylesList(6) = "Heading 4"	SupportedStylesList(7) = "Heading 5"	SupportedStylesList(8) = "Heading 6"	SupportedStylesList(9) = "Title"	SupportedStylesList(10) = "Subtitle"	SupportedStylesList(11) = "Caption"	SupportedStylesList(12) = "Quotations"	SupportedStylesList(13) = "Marginalia"	SupportedStylesList(14) = "Illustration"	SupportedStylesList(15) = "Horizontal Line"	SupportedStylesList(16) = "Footnote"
These styles are managed by superimpose a standard CSS. You cannot change parameters in this CSS from the OOo Style Manager, but you can edit the CSS with Calibre after the ePub creation.

What happens in the next release?
In the next release will be support more styles (included Preformatted Text, and you can create your own style calling it w2e_something.
All styles which name starts with w2e_ will be added to the CSS respecting:
– font height
– paragraph's top, left, right, bottom margins
– first line indent

Moreover the 1.1.16 has a better image export quality, many bugs corrected, optional export to Mobipocket format.

You can test the beta by downloading it here

Finally, the user manual is here, I need translators in other languages as soon as will be update…

Thanks

Luke

#3  BobC 01-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Luke,

Thanks for the info - I looked further into my problem and have found that the paragraphs with the extra text at the beginning as well as being formatted as "Quotations" style were in a Bullet List so it appears that was upsetting your conversion routine.

Now I have understood what the underlying problem is I can simply change the style to Default where the paragraph in in a List.

That's what comes of importing someone else's HTML into Writer as a basis for a conversion !

BobC

#4  eBookLuke 01-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi,

can you send your text to writer2epub[at]gmail.com ?

thanks

Luke

#5  Bertrand 01-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote eBookLuke

Finally, the user manual is here

Luke
Hi Luke

Something's wrong, there is nothing at this URL ?

#6  Michael_ZZ 01-23-2012, 05:50 AM
The link says http://lukesblog/wiki

but it should be http://lukesblog.IT/wiki

@ Luke:
You should definitely take actions against changing the main page by some unregistered users. I've just restored the "Pagina principale" a minute ago. See page history.

BTW - I'm sitting on the German translation of the Wiki.

#7  eBookLuke 01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote Michael_ZZ
but it should be http://lukesblog.IT/wiki

Thanks!

@ Luke:
You should definitely take actions against changing the main page by some unregistered users. I've just restored the "Pagina principale" a minute ago. See page history.

BTW - I'm sitting on the German translation of the Wiki.
Done, and now you're admin.

Do you have idea how to implement multilanguage switch like these?
Schermata 01-2455951 alle 07.03.26.png 

#8  Michael_ZZ 01-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote eBookLuke
Do you have idea how to implement multilanguage switch like these?
Unfortunately I don't. It has been ages since I've edited wiki pages the last time. Maybe that will help you ... I don't understand the template concept. I'd have to really dig into it

MediaWiki Language Template Documentation

#9  minipunk 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Personal style handling in W2E is a great improvement I think (BTW the whole W2E is great, thx a lot Luke!)

Even (text) color is transformed to CSS. Font-sizes are treated relative. Good.
Though in my experiments bold and italic style declarations do not appear in my CSS-classes (font-weight / font-style). Instead I still get explicite HTML markup inside my <p>'s.

Do I miss something at this point? (W2E 1.1.20, LO 3.4.6)

#10  eBookLuke 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote minipunk
Personal style handling in W2E is a great improvement I think (BTW the whole W2E is great, thx a lot Luke!)

Even (text) color is transformed to CSS. Font-sizes are treated relative. Good.
Though in my experiments bold and italic style declarations do not appear in my CSS-classes (font-weight / font-style). Instead I still get explicite HTML markup inside my <p>'s.

Do I miss something at this point? (W2E 1.1.20, LO 3.4.6)
Please send me an .odt sample

Luke

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register