Mobileread
k2pdfopt: optimizes PDFs for viewing on e-readers
#1711  willus 09-04-2019, 10:37 PM
Quote Umesh
Hello Mr. Willus Sir. Thank you for the software. If worked great for me for quite sometime, but now if I select the option of 'postprocess with ghostscript', the application crashes. This option worked fine on the day that I had earlier installed Ghostscript PostScript and PDF Interpreter. Could you list a possible solution and also could you please give a link to the precise exe file of Ghostscript that needs to be installed.
Regards,
Umesh
Can you maybe post a screen shot of the crash--what it looks like? Yes, I can see where it might crash if it cannot correctly find the Ghostscript DLL--I'll put that on my bug list. It should put up a dialog box saying it can't run Ghostscript.

It looks for the Ghostscript DLL by:
1. Looking in the Windows registry for the GS_DLL key.
2. Looking for gsdll64.dll, gswin64c.exe, gsdll32.dll, or gswin32c.exe in a number common locations, e.g. "c:\Program Files\gs", etc.
3. Looking those files in the folder pointed to by the environment variable WILLUSGS_PATH

What location did you install Ghostscript in?

#1712  zslengyel 09-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Hello,
I don't know if it's related to the previous post, but I just realized, that GS post-processing crashes every time I pass k2 a file that contains non-Western characters in its name. See screenshot. It works fine, if I change the name.
https://zslengyel.web.elte.hu/szemet/scr0003.jpg

(Sorry, if it was already reported.)

#1713  willus 09-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Quote zslengyel
Hello,
I don't know if it's related to the previous post, but I just realized, that GS post-processing crashes every time I pass k2 a file that contains non-Western characters in its name. See screenshot. It works fine, if I change the name.
https://zslengyel.web.elte.hu/szemet/scr0003.jpg

(Sorry, if it was already reported.)
Thank you for letting me know and for the detail. I've added this to my bug list.

« First  « Prev   (172/172)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register