Mobileread
Backlist
#1  pwalker8 05-30-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this particular subject. If it isn't let me know.

I thought that I would start a thread that lists older backlist books as they become available as ebooks.

This week, I picked up two older fantasy/horror series, both complete series seem to be now available.

Mercedes Lackey's Diana Tregarde series and
Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series

I have both in paperback and have been keeping my eye out for both. I actually got a notice from authoralert on the Karl Edward Wagner books. I found out about the Mercedes Lackey books because one of the series was listed in my recommendations for you and when I clicked on it, I saw they were all now available.

The Kane series is a classic fantasy/horror series. Pretty dark, but old fashion sword and sorcery at it's finest. Kane is the classic 60's/70's anti-hero (yes, he's that Cain)

I really didn't expect the Diana Tregarde series to become available. Apparently, the series triggered some of SF&F' fandoms real nutcases to contact Ms Lackey and it really spooked her, so she abandoned the series and it sounded like she wanted the series just to disappear.

#2  GeoffR 05-31-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm interested in new backlist ebooks. Once I come across a couple of good books by an author, I want to read all their earlier work too.

There has been a bit more recent progress on C. J. Cherryh's backlist: DAW have released Downbelow Station, Precursor (Foreigner #4), and Chanur's Legacy (Chanur #5).

#3  owly 05-31-2014, 03:32 AM
Keep an eye on SF Gateway.

#4  MickiTee 05-31-2014, 05:07 PM
For crime/mystery lovers, Dell Shannon's Lieutenant Luis Mendoza series started to appear on 21 May and are available in Kindle and epub formats.

#5  carpetmojo 05-31-2014, 08:37 PM
I expect some readers might suggest some "authors" never wrote any books/works of literature ..............

#6  pwalker8 06-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Quote carpetmojo
I expect some readers might suggest some "authors" never wrote any books/works of literature ..............
Am I missing something? I'm not sure what you are replying to.

#7  Xanthe 06-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I remember searching out the Diana Tregarde series books via the used-book route so many years ago that I can't even remember what the particular stories were about. I'll have to check out the ebook versions, because only God knows in which storage box those books are in - lol.

#8  BenG 06-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I just noticed that The Milagro Beanfield War by John Nichols is available, in the U.S. at least. I've been waiting for this one. It's one of my favorite books.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3087283-the-milagro-beanfield-war

#9  GeoffR 09-11-2014, 02:06 AM
DAW have published the final missing ebook in C. J. Cherryh's Foreigner series: Explorer. (The series is not yet complete, but all of the books written so far are now available as ebooks).

#10  pwalker8 09-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Baen Books has "The Complete Compleat Enchanter" by Fletcher Pratt and De Camp in their Feb. bundle! Hot Dang! Just finished ordering the bundle. This is the complete Harold Shea adventures, all five stories. I've been looking for this book in ebook format since way back when I bought the ebook from Peanut Press for my Palm Pilot and then lost access to it when Peanut Press went belly up.

Next »  Last »  (1/24)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register