Mobileread
Image errors
#1  gunilla 05-04-2019, 10:20 AM
I have edited an epub-file in Sigil and then validated it in validator.idpf.org. Everything is okay besides the fact that all images give the following error:

./tmp/uploads/1556979114444_0000019038/inputFile/Natvark2.epub
File 'OEBPS/Images/1.jpg' could not be found.

All images is inported to the Sigil-Folder Images.

I have read some earlier threads in this forum about that issue but I really don´t understand whats wrong. A year ago I edited some epub-files including images without these problem and I think I use the same procedure this time.

#2  KevinH 05-04-2019, 10:50 AM
What platform? Do the images show up in Preview? Are you sure you are not confusing 1.JPG with 1.jpg? Those are different files in the epub's manifest which is inside Sigil's content.opf.

One way to get a better error message is to use Doitsu's wonderful epubcheck plugin for Sigil to see what that validator actually says.

Also opening a content.opf Tab via Sigil's BookBrowser and snapping a screenshot of the manifest section and posting it here may help.

#3  gunilla 05-05-2019, 02:17 AM
Thank you for the answer.

I have now solved the problem. First I named the images Figur1, Figur2, Figur3,.... I have now renamed the images without any numbers, and then it did work. The epub-file is now valitated with no problems!

#4  gunilla 05-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Although my epub-file validate without problem and everything seems okay in Adobe Digital Edition there is problem in my tablets. In Aldiko in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (android) no images appear and in Bluefire Reader in my iPad all pages are empty, no text, no images, nothing???

#5  DiapDealer 05-05-2019, 11:30 AM
We simply cannot give any reliable advice without seeing any code and/or screenshots.

#6  Turtle91 05-05-2019, 11:42 AM
And you really shouldn't be double posting.

#7  exaltedwombat 05-07-2019, 06:02 AM
Perhaps the image is too big. Many devices refuse to display pictures that are too big. Scale them down. A maximum of 1000px for the longest side should be sufficient.

It would be nice sometimes if a tricky bit of page layout could be achieved with a full-page image. Unfortunately, acceptable resolution would require an image size over the limit.

#8  gunilla 05-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Sorry, but as I couldn´t se my reply appear I posted it several times.

My problem is solved in BluefireReader since I installed Adobe-ID. It should not be necessary but now I can see the images. In Aldiko there is still problem to see the images. I have written to Aldiko support but has not got any answer yet.

#9  DiapDealer 05-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Moderator Notice
Please stop double-posting and double-following-up on your double-posts.

Pick one thread (this one or the one in the EPUB forum) and stick with it.

#10  gunilla 05-17-2019, 03:57 AM
Sorry for the double posting. As I couldn´t se my first posting, I posted another one. There must be some dealy before a post appear visible. I should NEVER do that again.

/Gunilla

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register