Mobileread
Header problem
#1  mtravellerh 08-11-2009, 03:10 AM
I do have a problem with adding header tags in browser view. I am bot sure if this is a general problem, though. I have noticed that there is no issue yet concerning this, so I am wondering if that's maybe due to my configs.

Here goes:

Every time I insert a chapter break, then use a tag (mostly h2 or h3) to the Chapter heading beneath, I lose one letter(the first) that is not included in the heading tag. I have to retype the heading inside the tag and then get rid of the extra letter for the heading to display right. This is so strange that I begin to believe that somehow it's me doing something wrong.

Anybody else has experienced this?
Reply 

#2  ldolse 08-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I saw this once too, but I was running into several issues simultaneously and was struggling to find a reproduction method.
Reply 

#3  Valloric 08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Quote mtravellerh
Every time I insert a chapter break, then use a tag (mostly h2 or h3) to the Chapter heading beneath, I lose one letter(the first) that is not included in the heading tag. I have to retype the heading inside the tag and then get rid of the extra letter for the heading to display right. This is so strange that I begin to believe that somehow it's me doing something wrong.
This is weird. But I'm not quite sure I understand you. Please make a step-by-step procedure that replicates this.
Reply 

#4  mtravellerh 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Quote Valloric
This is weird. But I'm not quite sure I understand you. Please make a step-by-step procedure that replicates this.
I'm already trying to find out. Not sure if I can get this to replicate every time! I'll do my best!
Reply 

#5  ghostyjack 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I get this all the time if I apply the chapter break first.

Here's an example of the generated code from the code view:

<hr class="sigilChapterBreak" />

<h2><span class="sgc-3">C</span>hapter 1<br /></h2>


As a work-around create the heading tag first, then apply the chapter break.
Reply 

#6  mtravellerh 08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote ghostyjack
I get this all the time if I apply the chapter break first.

Here's an example of the generated code from the code view:

<hr class="sigilChapterBreak" />

<h2><span class="sgc-3">C</span>hapter 1<br /></h2>


As a work-around create the heading tag first, then apply the chapter break.
Yes, that's what I do! Did you make an issue, otherwise I will!
Reply 

#7  ghostyjack 08-13-2009, 05:49 AM
No I didn't due to at the moment working on my bought-and-paid-for books and was going to wait until I started on my public domain ones.

Feel free to raise it.
Reply 

#8  Valloric 08-13-2009, 05:44 PM
I've identified this as a bug in webkit. An extremely stupid bug, but one that I'll have to find a way around nonetheless.
Reply 

#9  Valloric 08-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Issue created on the tracker and fixed in trunk.
Reply 

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register