Mobileread
Not saving large files - crashing
#1  shilpa 08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi,

I have some very large books with I have converted from pdf to epub in calibre. I have the 0.1.1 version of sigil and when i try to save the file after editing the file it does save it just hangs. I only happens with big files. files that have 300-400 pages are ok. But i have some books which have over 3000 pages. When i open the file it is bit slow but it opens and i can edit at normal speed too. But when it comes to saving it or opening the toc editor it crashes??? Can sigil not handle large files or is there something i am doing wrong? I use windows xp, have 1gb ram, 2.8ghz intel pentium processor.

#2  Valloric 08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote shilpa
Can sigil not handle large files or is there something i am doing wrong?
You will have to create an issue on the issue tracker and attach the file. Sigil should be more than able to handle large files.

#3  shilpa 08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok. How do I create an issue on the issue tracker? Is the issue tracker on the site where i downloaded sigil?
Thanks for your help.

#4  Valloric 08-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote shilpa
Ok. How do I create an issue on the issue tracker? Is the issue tracker on the site where i downloaded sigil?
Thanks for your help.
Go here. In the top left corner is a "New issue" link.

#5  Krystian Galaj 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Quote shilpa
I use windows xp, have 1gb ram[...]
When I had those specs, I was having frequent problems with very little memory left for programs - maybe it is the problem in this case as well?

#6  shilpa 08-11-2009, 06:23 AM
When I had those specs, I was having frequent problems with very little memory left for programs - maybe it is the problem in this case as well?

I have laptop with different spec. I guess i can try it on there. But i dont really see how that would make a difference. Also the lap top has less memory than my pc.

#7  zelda_pinwheel 08-11-2009, 09:18 AM
if it is a problem with memory, you could try to see if it helps to close all other programs while you are running sigil, and see whether that makes a difference.

#8  mtravellerh 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I handled a 4,3 Mb ePub on my Acer Aspire One just fine (well it took Sigil a while to load and save) This book has more than 1000 pages.

#9  HarryT 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I tested it with my almost 8MB "Barchester Chronicles" file and it handled that fine, too.

#10  shilpa 08-20-2009, 08:33 AM
I handled a 4,3 Mb ePub on my Acer Aspire One just fine (well it took Sigil a while to load and save) This book has more than 1000 pages.

mtravellerh,

How long did it take for you to save the file? When i do it i leave it for more that 20 min and still nothing. Perhaps its my file?

I still need to create a new issue tracker not had time. will do it this weekend.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register