Mobileread
Is Overdrive library working for anyone on T2 or T3?
#1  4691mls 06-15-2019, 08:22 PM
As of last night I am unable to download an Overdrive library book on my T3. Is it just me or my local library, or has Overdrive made a change? I can access my loans but when I try to download a book it says "downloading", then says "download unsuccessful". I have a vague memory that this is what happened when the Overdrive update a couple years ago made it stop working on the T1.

#2  JSWolf 06-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Quote 4691mls
As of last night I am unable to download an Overdrive library book on my T3. Is it just me or my local library, or has Overdrive made a change? I can access my loans but when I try to download a book it says "downloading", then says "download unsuccessful". I have a vague memory that this is what happened when the Overdrive update a couple years ago made it stop working on the T1.
I would think that the T2 & T3 are no longer compatible as Overdrive updates their software.

#3  4691mls 06-15-2019, 11:19 PM
It was working the day before so if Overdrive had made a change, it's new. I know there are a few people around here who still use T2s or T3s so hopefully one of them can try it and report their results.

#4  rcentros 06-17-2019, 01:55 AM
Quote 4691mls
It was working the day before so if Overdrive had made a change, it's new. I know there are a few people around here who still use T2s or T3s so hopefully one of them can try it and report their results.
I still use T2s. Unfortunately mine is still in Texas or I would test it for you. Hopefully soon.

#5  Hemmi 06-17-2019, 08:08 AM
My library doesn't use overdrive so I can't test my T2 or T3 for you.

#6  4691mls 06-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the replies. It's still not working this morning. I assume Overdrive has made some kind of change that has rendered the T3 obsolete. I guess it's time to order a Kobo.

#7  rcentros 06-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Quote 4691mls
Thanks for the replies. It's still not working this morning. I assume Overdrive has made some kind of change that has rendered the T3 obsolete. I guess it's time to order a Kobo.
Or maybe a Tolino. At least at my library my Tolino Vision is still working like the Sony does (or did).

#8  radius 06-25-2019, 05:14 PM
Can you not download on a PC using ADE and then sideload/sync? I find the web browsing on eink is too painful so I don't tend to download directly to device.

#9  rcentros 06-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Quote radius
Can you not download on a PC using ADE and then sideload/sync? I find the web browsing on eink is too painful so I don't tend to download directly to device.
I use Linux and I don't want to mess with Wine, so using my Tolino (and formerly my Sony T2, unless it still works) is the easiest way for me to read Overdrive ePubs.

#10  4691mls 06-25-2019, 09:45 PM
Quote radius
I could continue to use the Sony Reader for PC software for that purpose. However, I want to have an ereader that has the ability to obtain library books if I am away from home. (Or if I have an insomnia attack and want to get a new library book in the middle of the night without getting up and going to the room where the computer is ) I went ahead and bought a Kobo Clara. I still need to use my PC or smartphone for browsing, adding holds, wishlist, and checking out, but once a new book has been added to my library loans I can sync the Kobo and it acquires the book. I used to keep the Sony set with my library loans as the browser's home page; then when away from my PC I used my phone for all but the final download so my workflow isn't too different.

I will keep the Sony as a backup since it still works fine other than the Overdrive issue.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register