Mobileread
adobe digital editions 4.5.11
#1  hobnail 03-13-2020, 03:08 AM
I decided to check their page to see if there's a newer version and there was. I still have the problem that it takes at least a minute or two before its page appears. I'm guessing it's some lag with verifying the books I have checked out from the library. Although it might be a minute or two quicker; i.e., 1 minute instead of 2 or 3 minutes of waiting.

#2  JSWolf 03-13-2020, 08:20 AM
Quote hobnail
I decided to check their page to see if there's a newer version and there was. I still have the problem that it takes at least a minute or two before its page appears. I'm guessing it's some lag with verifying the books I have checked out from the library. Although it might be a minute or two quicker; i.e., 1 minute instead of 2 or 3 minutes of waiting.
The problem is most likely that your ADE directory (the directory where the books are stored) is probably rather larger and that slows down ADE opening. The solution is to rename that directory and create a new directory so ADE can run faster. If you download from Overdrive, you'll have a lot of expired eBooks. ADE can keep a lot of crud and it does sow down if you have enough eBooks.

#3  hobnail 03-13-2020, 01:13 PM
Quote JSWolf
The problem is most likely that you ADE directory (the directory where the books are stored) is probably rather larger and that slows down ADE opening. The solution is to rename that directory and create a new directory so ADE can run faster. If you download from Overdrive, you'll have a lot of expired eBooks. ADE can keep a lot of crud and it does sow down if you have enough eBooks.

Hmm, that's an idea. And an easy one to try. Thanks.

#4  JSWolf 03-13-2020, 01:43 PM
Quote hobnail
Hmm, that's an idea. And an easy one to try. Thanks.
If you keep all of your ePub in Calibre, once you have ADE running with a fresh directory, you can delete the old directory (and all the crud).

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register