Mobileread
Light won't stay on
#1  cgsmom 10-16-2019, 08:13 AM
I got my new Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8 in June. I do really like it. However, it has developed a problem that I haven't heard anything about. Occasionally when I wake it up to read, the light turns off. When I press the Nook button the light flashes and then goes off. If it is daytime I just turn it back on with no problem. However, if it is nighttime and I don't want to turn on a light and wake up DH, I can't see how to turn the light back on.

The first couple of months it only did it once so I didn't worry about it. Then it became more frequent. Today it did it twice. Is anyone else having this problem? I would consider returning it, but I can't make it do it consistently. I have rebooted it but have not done a factory reset.

#2  JSWolf 10-16-2019, 09:14 AM
Quote cgsmom
I got my new Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8 in June. I do really like it. However, it has developed a problem that I haven't heard anything about. Occasionally when I wake it up to read, the light turns off. When I press the Nook button the light flashes and then goes off. If it is daytime I just turn it back on with no problem. However, if it is nighttime and I don't want to turn on a light and wake up DH, I can't see how to turn the light back on.

The first couple of months it only did it once so I didn't worry about it. Then it became more frequent. Today it did it twice. Is anyone else having this problem? I would consider returning it, but I can't make it do it consistently. I have rebooted it but have not done a factory reset.
I have no experience with with the new nook, but given that it's acting flaky, I would go back to B&N and get it sorted while it's still under warranty.

#3  cgsmom 10-17-2019, 07:15 AM
I think I found the answer. I went back through the user's guide and found that if you hold the Nook button for 2 seconds, it turns the light off and on. I must be holding it too long when I wake it from sleep. If I just push the Nook button again for 2 seconds, it comes back on. Problem solved. Guess I need to read the instructions more often.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register