Mobileread
How to return an audiobook purchased by mistake
#1  Purple Lady 10-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Apparently I bought an audiobook last night. I didn't know that I did until looking at my emails today. As far as I know I have never purchased an audiobook before.

I went to digital orders and see the Kindle book I bought along with a return for refund choice. There is no such choice for the audiobook. How do I return it for a refund?

#2  tubemonkey 10-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Quote Purple Lady
Apparently I bought an audiobook last night. I didn't know that I did until looking at my emails today. As far as I know I have never purchased an audiobook before.

I went to digital orders and see the Kindle book I bought along with a return for refund choice. There is no such choice for the audiobook. How do I return it for a refund?
Give Audible a call and explain it to them. They'll give you a refund/reverse the charge.

Audible = 1-888-283-5051

#3  Purple Lady 10-13-2019, 05:49 PM
Thanks! They said the order is still pending, but they would refund it now.

#4  tubemonkey 10-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Quote Purple Lady
YW, and glad they resolved it for you.

#5  CRussel 10-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Quote Purple Lady
The still pending is probably why the Return button was shown. IME, Audible has been very good about returns/refunds.

#6  SeaBookGuy 10-16-2019, 10:06 PM
The only thing to look out for with Audible is that if you return more than a couple of books within a short time, they gray-out the return feature forcing you to contact them directly to request a refund. I have never, ever had them question a request. One time though they were very polite in pointing out that the book I wished to return had been purchased more than a year earlier so was ineligible.

#7  Catlady 10-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Quote SeaBookGuy
The only thing to look out for with Audible is that if you return more than a couple of books within a short time, they gray-out the return feature forcing you to contact them directly to request a refund. I have never, ever had them question a request. One time though they were very polite in pointing out that the book I wished to return had been purchased more than a year earlier so was ineligible.
That return button might be grayed out for some other reason--I had that experience once even though I'd only ever returned one other book, months before. Required a phone call, but no one could explain why the website wouldn't let me return the book automatically.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register