Mobileread
Marvin OPDS auto or calibre server problem
#1  BellaMc 10-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Been using Marvin with Calibre on Windows PC & Laptop & Marvin on iPad for several months, problem free, till now. I had to delete it from iPad then reinstall the App but now it won't link to Calibre via OPDS as before. Now it asks for a user name and password, which I've never used and don't have?! Therefore it won't download any books from Calibre to Marvin. I got a new iMac last week, and encountered problems which caused me to have to MANUALLY transfer all Calibre books to Marvin. Which was a real time consuming pain. Now this with the user name/password requirement on iPad? Can you help please? Thanks.

#2  Turtle91 10-01-2019, 11:54 AM
It is likely that the OPDS server in Marvin was not setup properly after you reinstalled it.

Your Calibre OPDS server has been setup to require a username/password for anyone logging in (as it should). You need to go into the Calibre settings under "Preferences/Sharing over the net/User accounts" and make sure you have the username/password set as you like. Then setup Marvin's OPDS with the proper address/username/password and your good to go!

You can edit an existing Marvin OPDS setup by swiping and selecting the edit icon (not the trash can) rather than creating a new one.

Cheers,

#3  BellaMc 10-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Quote Turtle91
It is likely that the OPDS server in Marvin was not setup properly after you reinstalled it.

Your Calibre OPDS server has been setup to require a username/password for anyone logging in (as it should). You need to go into the Calibre settings under "Preferences/Sharing over the net/User accounts" and make sure you have the username/password set as you like. Then setup Marvin's OPDS with the proper address/username/password and your good to go!

You can edit an existing Marvin OPDS setup by swiping and selecting the edit icon (not the trash can) rather than creating a new one.

Cheers,
Thanks for responding. I've just figured it out and it's sorted. I've never used p/w or user name but I'll do so; for now just have it without. But while I have your attention, should I be able to have Marvin on iMac (new iMac got it last week)? I looked in Apple Store but couldn't see Marvin 3 to download. Can you advise please? Thought with it being an Apple device Marvin would be in it's App store, but if it is, I can't find it. Thanks.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register