Mobileread
Firmware 4.18.13737 released
#1  rcentros 09-30-2019, 04:34 PM
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Have no idea what's different. Just figured I'd get this thread started because I'm curious.

#2  geek1011 09-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Oh, noooooo. Kobo really wants to make our (me, jackie_w, NiLuJe) life busy ... Every time we finish updating the patches and announce it, Kobo releases another version (this is now the third time).

Fun fact: There are now 5 active versions between the 6 main affiliates (see below).
affver_20190930.png 

#3  rcentros 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Quote geek1011
Oh, noooooo. Kobo really wants to make our (me, jackie_w, NiLuJe) life busy ... Every time we finish updating the patches and announce it, Kobo releases another version (this is now the third time).
Sorry. Does your site automatically search for and update its database when a new release comes out?

#4  geek1011 09-30-2019, 05:07 PM
Quote rcentros
Sorry. Does your site automatically search for and update its database when a new release comes out?
It automatically finds it, shows it on the main page, updates the image in my signature, and downloads a copy to my server within 15 minutes of a release to any of 8 affiliates checked.

Basically,

Automatic: signature image, main table, affiliate-version table, my private archive of firmware versions, other affiliates popup.

Manual: past versions popup, version availability table (the one with a lot of green and red squares, and a column for each version), past versions by hardware table (the one at the bottom).

#5  Terisa de morgan 09-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Release notes somebody? :P

#6  MGlitch 09-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Grabbed this on an unpatched H2O original I have laying around.

The update notes were identical to the ones from 4.17 and so far I see no surface changes to anything.

Perhaps David will have details he can share.

The affiliate is set to beta. I don’t plan to update my Forma until patches are released unless there’s something major I missed in this cursory look.

#7  rcentros 09-30-2019, 05:16 PM
Quote geek1011
It automatically finds it, shows it on the main page, updates the image in my signature, and downloads a copy to my server within 15 minutes of a release to any of 8 affiliates checked.

Basically,

Automatic: signature image, main table, affiliate-version table, my private archive of firmware versions, other affiliates popup.

Manual: past versions popup, version availability table (the one with a lot of green and red squares, and a column for each version), past versions by hardware table (the one at the bottom).
Impressive. And thank you for this.

I've decided to go ahead and upgrade the 2.0. I'm curious if it will work with Calibre (may not because the firmware will be too new). ...

Alright, 4.18 installed without a glitch. ... And Calibre still doesn't like it, but that's understandable since it's a brand new release.

#8  petercreasey 09-30-2019, 05:16 PM
Kobo seems to be releasing updates rapidly. Does it matter if I miss some of the updates with my KA1 and then go to the current version?

#9  MGlitch 09-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Quote petercreasey
Kobo seems to be releasing updates rapidly. Does it matter if I miss some of the updates with my KA1 and then go to the current version?
For the KA1 this has never mattered.

#10  JSWolf 09-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Kobo Firmware 4.18.13737

Kobo firmware 4.18.13737 has been released. As of September 30, 2019, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick G (geek1011). Source Code

Next »  Last »  (1/35)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register