Mobileread
Marvin 3 and iOS 13
#1  Squirsier 08-24-2019, 09:58 AM
Hello,

Is anyone using the beta of iOS13 and running Marvin?

I'm hoping everything still works with Marvin and the new OS.

I figure if nobody is running the beta, I could update the question after iOS13 is released ; it's going to be asked anyway

#2  pwalker8 08-24-2019, 02:54 PM
No problems, it works fine.

#3  ilovejedd 08-24-2019, 05:08 PM
On iPadOS. Haven't encountered any issues.

Marvin still hasn't been updated to account for the notch, though (and likely never will be).

#4  Turtle91 08-24-2019, 08:10 PM
Quote ilovejedd
On iPadOS. Haven't encountered any issues.

Marvin still hasn't been updated to account for the notch, though (and likely never will be).
Probably won't...although all you need to do is have a tiny margin and the text avoids the notch just fine.

#5  Squirsier 08-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the answers, glad to know everything will continue working just fine in a month or so

#6  diremommy 09-28-2019, 12:05 AM
I'm having issues getting epubs to open in Marvin by default. Before, I could click the epub file link from the publisher webpage, and it automatically prompted to import into Marvin. Now, it downloads, opens a black page with the title, and I have to fiddle around in the settings until I remember how I got it to open in Marvin last time, or close everything, open files, click to the file, click the arrow, click more, and copy to Marvin. A LOT of steps! Not sure if there's a way to set it to default, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it's frustrating.

#7  Turtle91 09-28-2019, 10:20 AM
That appears to be an iOS issue, not something Marvin can control.

I googled this article. Maybe it'll allow you to set up a defaut app??

#8  Turtle91 09-28-2019, 10:32 AM
I just found that after downloading the epub to your ios device you can tap the magnify glass, scroll down the list and select "Copy to Marvin"

#9  Mims 09-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Quote diremommy
I'm having issues getting epubs to open in Marvin by default. Before, I could click the epub file link from the publisher webpage, and it automatically prompted to import into Marvin. Now, it downloads, opens a black page with the title, and I have to fiddle around in the settings until I remember how I got it to open in Marvin last time, or close everything, open files, click to the file, click the arrow, click more, and copy to Marvin. A LOT of steps! Not sure if there's a way to set it to default, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it's frustrating.
Same issue here. I have unfortunately ended up most times not even getting to black page but the file opening immediately in Books. Even pressing looking glass opens immediately in Books.

Having the same frustration trying to download my daily crossword puzzles to preferred app.

#10  Mims 09-28-2019, 01:22 PM
Quote Turtle91
I just found that after downloading the epub to your ios device you can tap the magnify glass, scroll down the list and select "Copy to Marvin"
Not working for me. I skimmed through the article you posted. (Thanks) and when I have a little more time will see if that might work for me.

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register