Mobileread
New Oasis with warm light
#11  binaryhermit 06-19-2019, 05:03 PM
full page screenshot of the page initially linked
ezgif-2-3465a1315135.jpg 

#12  ReaderGeeked 06-19-2019, 05:12 PM
Goodbye Kobo Forma and Aura ONE. Now I have to sell the "old" Oasis before the prices completely tank.

#13  DuckieTigger 06-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Quote Deskisamess
Someone over on the Amazon forums had a link to the cellular model...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJ91TLB

Interesting. The wifi only models are the same price as the old ones, but the cellular is $20 more now. Not enough reason to upgrade (for me) as I am perfectly happy without warm light. It is however nice to see that choice of features no longer dictates ecosystem as they all (Kobo, Nook, Kindle) are basically feature identical.

#14  Bookstooge 06-19-2019, 08:59 PM
My original Oasis is still going strong and I like it. Lightweight, battery lasts me a week (I know, not like the 3-4 of older models), has page turn buttons and I like the lighting scheme. I'll probably use it til it's dead (like my old Sony 505). So all that to say I won't be getting this

#15  DNSB 06-19-2019, 11:59 PM
Quote binaryhermit
full page screenshot of the page initially linked
Looking at the Oasis column, near the bottom of the compare editions, it says WiFi or WiFi and Free Cellular the same as the Paperwhite.

OTOH, even if I select the WiFi and Free Cellular version for the Oasis or the WAN version for the Paperwhite, the tech specs does not mention cellular connectivity for either the Oasis or the Paperwhite.

On yet another hand, at least I don't get to see a Special offers variant on Amazon.ca.

#16  Dr. Drib 06-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Quote Wearever
It does explain the recent sale on the Oasis.

Congratulations on your awesome recovery Dr. Drib !

Thank you for the kind words.

#17  Dr. Drib 06-20-2019, 07:48 AM
Quote Deskisamess
Someone over on the Amazon forums had a link to the cellular model...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJ91TLB

I'm wondering if that seemingly disembodied hand isn't Thing, from 'The Addams Family'.

It seems to be very close to the end of the tub.

#18  lkmiller 06-20-2019, 10:36 AM
If only the warm light would warm up that cold metal body!

#19  sun surfer 06-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
I'm wondering if that seemingly disembodied hand isn't Thing, from 'The Addams Family'.

It seems to be very close to the end of the tub.
I was surprised they used a man's hand in a bath, especially a bubble bath with a flower alongside luxurious bath accoutrements, instead of a woman's. It was a pleasant surprise, since I'm male and like hot bath soaks from time to time. I don't read in the bath though, but sometimes I will listen to an audiobook.

#20  issybird 06-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Quote DuckieTigger
It is however nice to see that choice of features no longer dictates ecosystem as they all (Kobo, Nook, Kindle) are basically feature identical.
Except that the Oasis is an inch smaller than the premium Kobo and Nook devices. I wouldn't want to give up that inch (or in my case, that 0.8") myself.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register