Mobileread
New Leaf Nominations for July 2019 • Naturally Gifted: Prodigies
#31  Victoria 06-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Quote Catlady
Yes, and I did, but ... Robert Redford! Great movie. And, heresy of heresies, I may have liked the movie better, perhaps because ... Robert Redford!
Quote issybird
Some movies are better (Princess Bride) and you know that because you read the book first.

Redford was so staggeringly gorgeous that I think he was underrated as an actor.
Staggering, and a very good actor. A good director as well - I loved “A River Runs Through it”.

#32  Bookpossum 06-04-2019, 06:28 PM
I third Bee Season.

I third or fourth or whatever the Robert Redford votes of appreciation!

#33  issybird 06-06-2019, 08:22 AM
There's a day to go for nominations.

#34  gmw 06-06-2019, 09:08 AM
I will spend my last ticket to second Ender's Game. Whatever you think of the author, this is an interesting book on multiple levels, and like Dazrin I feel there is a lot we could talk about without venturing into the politics of the author.

My participation over the next month or two will probably be spotty at best. Circumstances have me feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment so something has to give.

#35  Bookworm_Girl 06-06-2019, 05:33 PM
I will use my last ticket to third Song of Time and add another book into the vote. It sounds interesting, and I like books related to music.

I’ve struggled this month to find something to nominate that isn’t too expensive or available widely or would have enough universal appeal to the group.

#36  issybird 06-07-2019, 08:07 AM
The poll is up.

« First  « Prev   (4/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register