Mobileread
eReader for iPhone 1.1 released
#1  Alexander Turcic 08-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Sammy of PalmAddicts sent us note that version 1.1 of eReader for iPhone / iTouch has been released. As we've mentioned earlier, this upgrade adds the ability to browse to other web sites offering eReader-formatted content.

Ready for your immediate consumption over here.

Full list of changes:
Demo of new features:

YouTube clip »

#2  Donnageddon 08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
The tap-to-turn, and extra sorting options are great! And also being able to use manybooks.net for downloading material is a great extra for an already excellent application.

Is there a list of other sites that would be appropriate for downloading with the eReader app?

#3  DaleDe 08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote Donnageddon
The tap-to-turn, and extra sorting options are great! And also being able to use manybooks.net for downloading material is a great extra for an already excellent application.

Is there a list of other sites that would be appropriate for downloading with the eReader app?
Look in eBook Stores in the wiki. Most sites are identified as to what formats they support. Always check the wiki!

Dale

#4  FizzyWater 08-03-2008, 01:37 AM
It's great that they're showing a demo - it really does make it look easy to work. It really is too bad the iPhone requires AT&T (the evil empire).

#5  DMcCunney 08-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Quote Donnageddon

Munseys is gearing up to offer eReader format, but it isn't in place yet. Another place to check is Memoware.
______
Dennis

#6  pilotbob 08-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Quote FizzyWater
It's great that they're showing a demo - it really does make it look easy to work. It really is too bad the iPhone requires AT&T (the evil empire).
This all runs on the iPod Touch too.

BOb

#7  flumbo 08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Nice! Now I just need autoscroll. Autoscroll! Autoscroll! Autoscroll!

#8  Gibbo 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Quote FizzyWater
/me shouts "Jailbreak!!!!!" and looks the other way

#9  ChristopherTD 08-04-2008, 05:06 AM
You can upload your own books to a "Personal Shelf" in your Fictionwise Account and then get them onto your iPhone from there. There are a few other options they are investigating to allow you to download directly from your PC/Mac, but in the meantime the Personal Shelf at Fictionwise worked for me.

#10  kaufman 08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Now that I can upload my own content, I am looking for software for the Mac to convert files to ereader format. Does anyone know of a free solution, or do I need to buy the $30 eReader software?

Thanks, Michael

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register