Mobileread
Koreader Highlights utility
#1  embryo 09-19-2015, 10:23 PM
KoHighlights
image »

KoHighlights is a utility for viewing and converting the Koreader's history files to simple text or html files.
This is a totally re-written application using the Qt framework (PySide).
The original KoHighlights (using the wxPython) can be found here.

show attachment »
show attachment »
show attachment »

Usage
Downloads

Check the latest release on the Downloads Page.
Read the version history at App's Page.

#2  embryo 09-19-2015, 10:24 PM

#3  Ken Maltby 09-20-2015, 10:04 AM
What does "Batch Convert" mean, in this case? Are they being converted to simple .txt format/files?

The History files processing should be a real good thing for those working with highlights. Perhaps Markismus could place his notes in the History files, when he makes his note taking plugin/wiget.

Luck;
Ken

#4  embryo 09-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Quote Ken Maltby
What does "Batch Convert" mean, in this case? Are they being converted to simple .txt format/files?
Yes.
There are two ways to do this.
One, is to select a directory with many history files, and a directory for the output text files.
The other, is to just drag and drop many files on the program and it will convert the ones that end to ".lua" AND have highlights in them to text files in the same directory as the dropped files.

#5  embryo 01-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Just find out that KoReader has its own place here!

It would be very nice if the moderators could move this thread there, where it would be more helpful.

Thanks

#6  Ken Maltby 01-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Quote embryo
Just find out that KoReader has its own place here!

It would be very nice if the moderators could move this thread there, where it would be more helpful.

Thanks
I did add a post with a link to the utility's Github page. Since your utility should work with any KOReader installation where the history/.sdr files can be accessed, it should get moved.

Luck;
Ken

#7  embryo 12-31-2016, 10:59 PM
Updated the first post for more info.

In a nutshell, I just release the v2 of the KoHighlights utility.

Its a different application, written from scratch using Pyside (Qt for Python) that has the same name with the old one because it has the same goal of reading and converting the KoReader's highlights to text.
But it has a nicer interface and its ready to also import the notes that the great Koreader developers will implement on day :-p

#8  boriar 01-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Thanks for a new version. I will try asap

#9  johnnyb 01-03-2017, 03:31 AM
Very nice, thank you! And right at the time when the Evernote plugin ceased to work!

#10  sbaguz 01-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Great idea!
Just downloaded: I'm going to test it...

Next »  Last »  (1/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register