Mobileread
What are we listening to? (audiobooks)
#11  RDaneel54 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Finishing up "Owner's Share" by Nathan Lowell from podiobooks.com. Excellent, as were the first 5 books.

Read by the author, who also does an excellent job reading.

http://www.podiobooks.com/podiobooks/search.php?keyword=golden+age+of+the+solar+clipper

Start with Quarter Share and see if it sounds interesting. I was engrossed very early in the book.

Dean

#12  Laine 07-25-2011, 04:41 AM
I managed to persuade my husband that we should listen to Janet Evanovich's One For the Money on our trip to and from the theatre on Saturday. We saw The Maids, about two maids plotting to kill their employer. As it wasn't the normal theatre but ordinary chairs too close together as well I ended up asleep before the end. One For the Money was much needed comic relief.

He's going to finish it by himself.

#13  wandalynn 07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm listening to 'My Reading Life' by Pat Conroy as much for his writing as to learn what books shaped him as a writer. So far the two books he's covered,
Spoiler Warning below

Gone With the Wind and Catcher in the Rye, are books I've read and enjoyed. I may end up with a longer TBR read before I finish this.

#14  odiakkoh 07-26-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm taking a break from American Gods to listen to American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson.

#15  Xanthe 07-26-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm currently listening to "Magic Bleeds" by Ilona Andrews, and the lecture course "Detective Fiction: The Killer, The Detective, and Their World".

#16  BenG 07-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Listening to Starman Jones by Robert Heinlein.

#17  Stephen_Melling 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Listening to The Long Walk by Stephen King. Only listen when I'm in bed, and only for an hour or so. Absolutely no interuptions!

#18  BoiseShan 07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I've never been able to enjoy audio books. That said, I just finished listening to Samuel L. Jackson read Go the F--K to Sleep. Shouldn't have done this in the airport--too many laugh out loud moments that garnered some seriously weird looks!

#19  odiakkoh 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote BoiseShan
I've never been able to enjoy audio books. That said, I just finished listening to Samuel L. Jackson read Go the F--K to Sleep. Shouldn't have done this in the airport--too many laugh out loud moments that garnered some seriously weird looks!
Haha I love how he reads it.

#20  jgaiser 07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote jgaiser
An NPR audio adaptation of A Canticle for Liebowitz as a 15 part serial at The Internet Archive. I've read the book a couple of times and this is an adaptation (read abridged) version, but it's still good, with a full cast of characters. And it's free.
Finished it this afternoon on the road to visit my Dad. What a thoroughly depressing story. Still a great story and a wonderful cast of characters. Well worth the time.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/278)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register