Mobileread
Poetry Tennyson, Lord: Charge of the Light Brigade - 16 May 07
#1  RWood 05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
A single poem as requested by Roy White. 1 page for titles, 1 page for production credits, and 3 pages for the poem itself.

Version 1.1 added. But just think of the 600 typing there ....
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
[lrf] The Charge Of The Light Brigade.lrf (7.4 KB, 828 views)
[lrf] The Charge of the Light Brigade v 1,1.lrf (7.2 KB, 920 views)

#2  Roy White 05-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Great! Thanks.. The version I was trying to create had several photos of My Dad in it.. I was hoping to create an... ebook memorial like... I couldnt get my version of BD to work very well though. For some reason When I tried to put a photo in.. It wouldnt show up. Just a bunch of question marks... I'm downloading a new version now. We'll see how it works.. Anyhow. Thanks a ton RWood.

#3  HarryT 05-17-2007, 04:27 AM
The easiest way to put a picture in a BD book is just to "drag" it from a Windows Explorer window into the BD window. Then, once it's there, double click it to display the "Properties" dialog for it to resize it, etc. BD seems to support all the popular picture formats - I've used BMP, GIF, JPEG, and PNG files and they've all come out fine.

The only issue I've found is that occasionally BD won't display a picture in the finished book if the picture is the very last thing on the page. It needs a blank line of text below the picture in order to display it.

#4  UncleDuke 05-17-2007, 06:28 PM
almost too small to find, good poem. love to see more of his work.

#5  Roy White 05-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I can hear almost hear my Dad even now... "Ours was not to question Why! Ours was but to do or DIE!"

#6  Echoloc8 05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Not to nitpick, but the last line of the poem I knew wasn't "Start to type here".

Might be time for a v1.01. :-)

-Rich

#7  JSWolf 05-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Quote Echoloc8
Not to nitpick, but the last line of the poem I knew wasn't "Start to type here".

Might be time for a v1.01. :-)

-Rich

#8  RWood 05-19-2007, 11:42 AM
New version added in first post

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register