Mobileread
Engagement on the forum seems to be a downward trend. I'm just curious about causes
#11  orebmur 04-14-2019, 01:44 PM
I may be mistaken, but to me it appears that most discussion is rather on a consumer level than on a more technical focus. Might be a reason why participants refrain from posting...

#12  Tarana 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Time is an issue too. I limit my internet time to an hour a day. That is surfing, visiting forums, etc. Even the diabetes boards, despite there being many new diabetics daily, have much less participation than 5 years ago. Once past the initial diagnosis and info gathering, they move on to other, more shiny stuff.

#13  Sirtel 04-16-2019, 04:55 PM
As the ebooks and ereaders are more than 10 years old by now, there just aren't that many fresh and interesting topics cropping up anymore. I don't limit my internet time and still visit MR every day, to keep up with the news and developments, but often I just don't feel any particular urge to participate in a discussion.

And then there's social media, Netflix, Amazon Video, gaming etc. People don't sit in the forums all the time, even when they're online.

#14  Nate the great 04-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Quote FizzyWater
To be fair, there's nothing out these days that matches the initial excitement of the early days of new ebook readers. Each new reader (except for the Sony 700) was a definite improvement over the last.

Now the changes are smaller, like being water resistant or comfort lighting.

So we kvetch about prices and DRM.
I checked, and the last peak in traffic was right around when the Kindle launched last October. I think new launches drive the most traffic, and fewer models means fewer peaks.

#15  pdurrant 04-17-2019, 10:53 AM
Quote Nate the great
I checked, and the last peak in traffic was right around when the Kindle launched last October.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the last peak users was 30th Oct 2018. I'd rather assumed it was earlier.

#16  HarryT 04-17-2019, 01:07 PM
For many years we got a new peak in visitor numbers every year on Christmas Day, presumably as people came here after unwrapping a new reader as a Christmas present!

#17  Nate the great 04-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Quote pdurrant
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the last peak users was 30th Oct 2018. I'd rather assumed it was earlier.
is there an echo in here

#18  pdurrant 04-18-2019, 04:04 AM
Quote Nate the great
is there an echo in here
You're the one who told me. As I said, I was pleasantly surprised.

#19  Nate the great 04-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Quote pdurrant
You're the one who told me. As I said, I was pleasantly surprised.
sorry - that didn't look like a reply

#20  pdurrant 04-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Quote Nate the great
sorry - that didn't look like a reply
That's OK. I've updated it with a quotation from your post to make it obvious.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register