Mobileread
CoolReader 3 on Kindle
#141  twobob 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
there is of course always via VNC or the k3libre project.

#142  macuso 10-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Great project. I want to ask if is posible to see suport for .ODT file format in this project. ODT are better than DOC because they are generated by LibreOffice. Thank you.

#143  hawhill 10-08-2012, 03:31 AM
I guess it will be out of scope, since coolreader for the Kindle is standing on the shoulders of giants - i.e. the CRengine (it is also used in kindlepdfviewer, thus I know it a bit). That again uses the antiword engine to read those files. And this does only "classic" DOC/RTF. The newer formats like docx and odt are quite a bit different.

Then, "better than X because it is generated by Y" is not really an argument, but more "politics". You certainly know that OpenOffice/LibreOffice will also happily create DOC, right? It's not their native format, that's right.

#144  twobob 10-08-2012, 06:03 AM
yep. Hawhill is "on the money" there. spot on.

Docx is effectively a compressed xml document IIRC, which brings Microsoft (slowly) into line with ODT's which are effectively the same thing.

Simply export or convert would be my thoughts also.

#145  macuso 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM
I instaled CR on my Kindle3, but I have a problem. I can't save the settings. I can change the settings but when I leave the settings dialog, the CR don't change anything. Also the Settings dialog don't have an OK and Cancel buttons. Please help.

#146  CrazyCoder 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote macuso
I instaled CR on my Kindle3, but I have a problem. I can't save the settings. I can change the settings but when I eave the settings dialog, the CR don't change anything. Also the Settings dialog don't have an OK and Cancel buttons. Please help.
Use the Home button to save, Back button acts as Cancel.

#147  CrazyCoder 10-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip, unpack, copy cr3, qtKindle, usrapp directories to the Kindle drive root. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files from step 2). It's the most recent version update.
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

image »

#148  CrazyCoder 10-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Added Paperwhite brightness control, can set it to true zero (disables completely at level 0):

image »

#149  CrazyCoder 11-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Touch zones configuration is now possible via data/touch.ini file.

#150  jscris 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much! I love Coolreader, but where did I go wrong on the PW that causes a "not signed by an authorized developer" message? I did install Collections Manager and the Combined Developer Certificates bundle. Thanks for any help....

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (15/35)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register